Call Us 888-365-1555

Consulta gratuita de casos888-365-1555

Corona Family Immigration Lawyer

Corona Family Immigration Lawyer

Corona, CA Family Immigration Attorney

We understand how difficult it is when you are separated from your loved ones and trying to deal with a daunting and complicated immigration system. Let Karlin & Karlin counsel you through the legal aspects of filing your petition while you prepare to begin life as a family here in the U.S. A Corona family immigration lawyer could provide you with experienced legal representation in different immigration situations, from advising on eligibility for family-based immigration to assisting you with paperwork and compliance situations.

Contact us today for a free consultation.

Types of Family-Based Visas

Depending on your situation and needs, we can help you obtain a nonimmigrant or immigrant visa for your loved ones.

Nonimmigrant Visas

There are two primary types of nonimmigrant family-based visas.

K-1 Fiancé/ee Visa

If your fiancé/ee is a U.S. citizen, he/she may qualify you for a K-1 visa that will allow you to enter the country to marry within 90 days. Once married, your U.S. citizen spouse may be able to sponsor you for an immediate relative green card. If you have minor children, they may qualify for K-2 visas and accompany you to the U.S.

K-3 Spouse Visa

If you are already married to a foreign-born spouse, your spouse may be eligible for a K-3 visa, which allows your spouse to join you more quickly in the U.S. If your spouse has minor children, they may be able to accompany their parents as K-4 visa holders.

Immigrant Visas

Foreign nationals may be eligible for a family-based immigrant visa if they have a direct relationship with an American citizen or permanent resident.

These visas generally fall into one of two main categories.

Immediate Relatives (including spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens)

This category also includes parents if the petitioner is over 21. There are also special provisions for the spouses of deceased citizens. Unlike some immigration petitions, immediate relatives are never subject to annual quotas.

Preference Categories (which have annual quotas)

  • First preference goes to unmarried adult sons and daughters and any minor children they may have
  • Second preference is reserved for spouses, minor children, and unmarried children of legal permanent residents
  • Third preference is for married children of U.S. citizens and their families
  • Fourth preference is for siblings and their families, provided the petitioner is over 21

Get Help From a Corona, CA Family Immigration Attorney

To start uniting your family in the U.S., you will need to file Form I-30, Petition for Alien Relative. Once immigration officials accept your petition, you can obtain a family-based visa via an Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status is for immigrants already residing within the U.S. This method allows them to apply for and obtain permanent residency without returning to their home country. Generally, this process is reserved for immediate family members of U.S. citizens who are lawfully residing in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa.

Consular Processing

Consular processing is for immigrants not yet residing within the U.S. This method requires applying for permanent residency through a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country. If the application is approved, an immigrant can be admitted to the U.S. as a permanent resident. At Karlin & Karlin, we take sincere satisfaction in seeing families reunited and settled in the U.S. Our Corona immigration lawyers welcome the opportunity to assist you with your immigration matter, so please contact us for assistance.

FAQs About Corona, CA Family Immigration Laws

What is a conditional green card?

A conditional green card is issued to spouses if the marriage is less than two years old at the time of issuance. Both spouses must petition to remove the conditions before it expires. Not doing so could affect the green card holder’s legal status.

Who is eligible to sponsor a relative for a green card?

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents are eligible to petition for permanent residency for certain family members. U.S. citizens can petition for a spouse, children, parents, and siblings, while permanent residents can only petition for their spouse and unmarried children.

What is a sponsor for family immigration?

Immigrant sponsors are responsible for financially supporting the immigrant’s stay in the U.S. Sponsors must sign a legally-enforceable contract (an Affidavit of Support) agreeing to this and provide documentation showing that they’re eligible to do so.

Karlin & Karlin: Family-Owned Law Firm Helping Families Fulfill Their American Dream

At Karlin & Karlin, we are a family-owned and operated immigration law firm. Over the past 40 years, we’ve helped thousands of families fulfill their American dream. We aim to make this process as easy as possible for you and your family. Family immigration is a complicated and confusing process. We understand how hard it can be to find the right lawyer who understands your situation and whom you can trust. You need someone who’s well-reviewed, efficient, and has integrity. That’s our team at Karlin & Karlin. We’ll work closely with you to help you reunite your family in the U.S., taking care of the process so that you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Our family immigration attorneys know immigration laws. We handle everything from immigration processing to green cards, citizenship, and immigration appeals. Need a Corona family immigration lawyer? Contact our office today for a free case consultation. We’re your lawyers for life.



Looking For Legal Assistance?

Request a Free Consultation

Fields Marked With An “*” Are Required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

We Do have live operators 24/7 (English & Spanish)

Ready To
Fight For You

Call Us At 888-365-1555