Call Us 888-365-1555

Consulta gratuita de casos888-365-1555

Corona Business Immigration Lawyer

Corona Business Immigration Lawyer

Corona, CA Business Immigration Attorney

Immigrants contribute to growth and innovation in the U.S. economy, but the arrival process can be full of complicated legal requirements and complex government bureaucracy. When you are looking to engage the best available workforce, it is essential that you work with a California immigration law firm that will provide you with efficient and qualified legal representation. Our Corona business immigration lawyers at Karlin & Karlin have years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes, from thriving startups to multinational corporations, with their employment-based immigration needs.

Our clientele comes from a broad range of industries, including:

  • Banking and financial services
  • Advertising and the media
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Health care
  • Technology

A Corona immigration attorney will represent you and your foreign national employees at all stages of the immigration process. We will help you transfer key employees, managers, and executives to the U.S., where they can contribute to your company’s success. We also represent individuals who have specialized skills and extraordinary abilities and wish to use both to benefit the U.S. economy.

Types of Employment-Based Immigrant Visas

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) designates five preference categories for employment-based immigration. These categories are marked E1 – E-5, with E1 being the highest priority. Unlike some family-based immigration, employment visas are limited in issuance. Once the maximum number of visas has been reached in a fiscal year, there won’t be any more approved.

Here’s how these preference categories are broken down:

  1. Employment first preference (E1) – individuals with “extraordinary ability” in specialized fields like sciences, arts, athletics, and education, as well as executives and managers for multinational businesses
  2. Employment second preference (E2) – individuals with “exceptional ability,” such as holders of advanced degrees and others with significant expertise in their fields
  3. Employment third preference (E3) – skilled workers, professionals, and unskilled workers in that order of priority
  4. Employment fourth preference (E4) – “special immigrants” such as religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, etc.
  5. Employment fifth preference (E5) – for certain immigrant investors who intend to make significant financial investments and create jobs in the United States

Prospective employees seeking an employment visa can file their own applications. However, employers must jumpstart the process by filing Form I-140, Immigration Petition for Alien Workers. After USCIS has accepted the petition, the prospective employee must fill out Form DS-260, Immigrant Visa, and Alien Registration Application. Employees will also need to undergo a medical examination and a visa interview.

While it may seem straightforward, getting the application approved can prove challenging. One mistake could put you back at the beginning of the process with wasted time, energy, and money. A Corona business immigration lawyer can guide you through the process, prepare employees for the interview, and simplify the process so you can jumpstart your operation in the States.

Contact a Business Immigration Attorney in Corona, CA Today

Let us get to know your business and enable you to hire and retain the best talent from across the globe. A Corona business immigration lawyer has the experience and sophistication to handle your most significant immigration challenges while remaining cost-effective enough to support your ongoing business immigration needs. To schedule a free case consultation, contact our Corona immigration lawyers for assistance today.

FAQs About Corona, CA Business Immigration Laws

How many employment-based visas are available per year?

Approximately 140,000 employment visas are available to qualified applicants every fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). These visas are divided into five preference categories.

Can I adjust my status on an employment-based visa?

Possibly. You may be eligible to adjust status on an employment-based visa if there has been no change in circumstances, you are physically present in the U.S., and your immigration application was approved. A business immigration lawyer can help you determine whether you qualify for an adjustment of status and help you with the process.

How long is a work visa valid?

A work visa’s expiration date is determined by the immigration category and type of visa granted. If your visa is nearing expiration, an immigration lawyer may be able to help you apply for an extension.

Can I bring my family members to the U.S. on an employment visa?

Yes. In many cases, an immigrant worker can bring their family to the United States with them. They will be required to fill out the required application forms, provide civil documents, pay fees and submit to medical examinations.

Karlin & Karlin: Helping You Fulfill Your American Dream

At Karlin & Karlin, we understand what the opportunity to live and work in the United States could mean for your family. Our attorneys have been helping immigrants achieve their dreams and advance their careers in the U.S. for over 40 years. As we’ve seen, employment visas are limited, and one mistake can cost you everything. When it’s your livelihood at stake, you need an immigration law firm you can trust.

At Karlin & Karlin, we’ve built a reputation for honesty and integrity, as evidenced by our great client reviews. Let us help you on your journey. It takes nothing to get trusted legal advice; contact an exceptional immigration law attorney on our team for a free consultation today.


Looking For Legal Assistance?

Request a Free Consultation

Fields Marked With An “*” Are Required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

We Do have live operators 24/7 (English & Spanish)

Ready To
Fight For You

Call Us At 888-365-1555