Los Angeles Personal Injury and Malpractice Attorneys

Los Angeles Personal Injury and Malpractice Attorneys

Los Angeles Personal Injury and Malpractice Attorneys

Karlin & Karlin, Attorneys at Law, provide the following answers to questions frequently encountered in their Southern California practice helping people in Los Angeles and beyond in the areas of personal injury and medical practice. If you have further questions or need immediate legal assistance, contact Karlin & Karlin, Attorneys at Law, for a free consultation.

Q. What do I do if I’ve been in an automobile accident?

A. If anyone has been injured, call 9-1-1 and seek help immediately. Perform First Aid on yourself or others to the extent you are qualified to do so. The safety of yourself and others should be your first concern. Exchange information with the other driver, including driver’s license and insurance information, and how to contact the other person. Also try to obtain contact information for any witnesses to the accident. If you have a camera, even a cell phone camera, take pictures of the accident, including the damage to both vehicles and personal injuries, and any other property damage. Try to photograph the scene at different angles.

If you are still at the scene when the police arrive, they may ask you for a statement of what happened. If you are not present at that time due to your injuries, but the other party is, you will want to obtain a copy of the police report and review it for any inaccuracies as soon as you can.

Contact an attorney as soon as possible. An experienced personal injury lawyer will give you immediate advice and begin right away to obtain and preserve evidence of the accident, from contacting witnesses to investigating and documenting the scene. While preparing your case, your attorney can also be an invaluable resource for dealing with doctor’s bills, your employer, insurance companies, and all the myriad minor inconveniences and major disruptions an automobile accident can bring. In Southern California, contact Karlin & Karlin, Attorneys at Law for a free consultation and immediate assistance with your personal injury claim.

Q. What is medical malpractice?

A. Medical malpractice is a negligent act or a failure to act when there is a duty to act by a healthcare professional or provider. A negligent act is considered malpractice when the treatment provided is substandard and causes injury or death to the patient being treated.

Q. What is a doctor’s duty of care?

A. A doctor must owe a duty of care to someone before his or her competency in performing their duty can be challenged. A doctor’s duty of care involves applying the same or similar degree of skill, care, and diligence that a reasonably competent doctor would apply under like conditions or circumstances. When a doctor does not meet this standard, the doctor has breached the standard of care and may be held liable for resulting injuries or death.

Q. How long does it take to resolve a medical malpractice claim?

A. All cases have different facts and circumstances, therefore it is not possible to give a timeframe on how long it will take to resolve a medical malpractice claim. Some cases may settle early on while others may require the filing of a lawsuit and litigation. Contact our medical malpractice attorneys for more information.

Q. How much does a medical malpractice attorney cost?

A. Medical malpractice attorneys generally work on a contingency fee basis. This means that the attorney does not get paid unless your case is settled or a judgment is awarded. The amount of payment the attorney or law firm will receive may be a percentage of the award or settlement and also may involve court costs and fees. Contact our medical malpractice attorneys for more information regarding our attorney fees in medical malpractice claims.

Click me

Fill Out The Form Below
To Contact An Attorney



Phone Number